What To Expect
At your first visit, you will be greeted by a fertility care coordinator who will gather your paperwork, insurance card, and ID. After reviewing your insurance benefits with you and collecting your copay we will prepare the chart for your visit with your physician. You may meet with our Physician Assistant or a Medical Resident who will review your medical history. Depending on the purpose of your visit, your doctor may wish for you to have a transvaginal ultrasound and lab work. A member of our care team will also discuss the benefits of genetic carrier screening and you will have the option to test.
You will then consult with your physician and discuss your medical history, goals, and review the results of available tests. Your doctor will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan.
How to prepare
- Please allow 90 minutes for your first appointment
- We encourage all involved parties to be present
- Out of consideration for patients who are struggling with infertility, children are not allowed in the waiting room
- Create a list of questions for your physician and care team
- Complete the New Patient Visit Checklist