At Main Line Fertility, we understand that starting IVF may feel overwhelming for some patients. Our IVF concierge team is comprised of compassionate health care professionals who are experienced in guiding patients throughout the entire process. When you are ready to begin your IVF journey, please complete the following IVF patient checklist. Typically, it will take 4-6 weeks to complete the checklist and receive all of your medications.
The IVF concierge team is available to assist patients at 484.380.4900 or through our patient portal. All calls and portal messages will be returned within one business day. For a medically urgent question, please call 610.527.0800 and choose option 1 to page a physician. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
IVF Patient Checklist
All items on this checklist must be completed prior to starting an IVF cycle.
A printable version of the IVF patient checklist can be found here.
Clinical and Legal
Contact the IVF Concierge Team at 484.380.4900 to schedule and complete:
◻ e-learning videos
◻ IVF orientation
◻ carrier screening
◻ consents (must be e-signed within one year of cycle start)
◻ applicable required testing (must occur within one year of cycle start):
- hysteroscopy (call 610.527.0800 to schedule)
- screening labs (blood & urine) for all involved parties
- semen analysis (call 484.380.4863 to schedule)
Have any required clearances faxed to 484.380.4866. Clearances must state, “Patient is cleared to undergo an IVF surgical procedure with anesthesia and attempt pregnancy”.
If your treatment plan includes the use of pre-implantation genetic testing/diagnosis (PGT/PGD) ensure you have completed the MLF embryo biopsy consents via your online portal. If you have specific questions, please reach out to the embryology department at 484.380.5200 or [email protected].
If your treatment plan includes the use of an anonymous sperm donor, the specimen should be ordered and received from the sperm bank before the start of your cycle. Contact our donor sperm coordinator at 484.222.4567 for assistance in fulfilling all related requirements.
If your treatment plan includes the use of a known sperm donor, an anonymous or known egg donor, an anonymous or known embryo donor, and/or a gestational carrier, contact our third party coordinator at 484.222.4567 for assistance in fulfilling all related requirements.
If you are interested in participating in an IVF clinical trial, contact our research department. Qualified patients may receive discounted treatment and/or medication.
Insurance and Affording Care
Contact your insurance company to discuss your infertility and prescription coverage. To ensure a thorough and productive interaction with your insurance company, we created an IVF treatment coverage guide.
Explore financial resources to assist in affording care.
Important to Note:
- If you have health insurance that covers in-vitro fertilization and your health insurance requires an authorization, you are required to have an approved authorization before the start of your IVF cycle.
- If you choose to move forward with your IVF cycle without an approved authorization on file, payment in full is due at the start of your cycle; you will be reimbursed when insurance makes payment.
- As with any insurance plan, approval and authorization from the insurance company is not a guarantee of payment and ultimately, the patient is responsible for any services that the insurance company denies.
We strongly encourage ALL patients at the start of each and every cycle to Contact the MLF financial coordinator at 484.380.4883 to discuss your investment and payment.
Once all items on the checklist are complete, contact the IVF monitoring team at 484.380.4890 with day 1 of your period.
- The Main Line Fertility IVF lab shuts down once a year to deep-clean the laboratory and to perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Maintaining these high standards of excellence ensures the best culture conditions for your specimens. Learn more about the lab shut down, specific dates, and how this may impact your cycle.
Meet The Team
Experienced, compassionate and dedicated to helping you on your journey.
An avid traveler and a fantastic chef who pays tremendous attention to detail, Tina is our team lead. With over a decade of fertility experience, her extensive understanding of the IVF process ensures a smooth journey for our patients.
The unofficial recipient of the MLF “Miss Congeniality” award, Robin is always a pleasure to work with. When she’s not using her deep knowledge of fertility to help grow MLF families, Robin can be found cheering on the Eagles. Go Birds!
An integral member of the team who is known for her compassion and positive attitude, Jacquelyn takes pride in guiding patients throughout their IVF journey. If she’s not in the office, Jacquelyn prefers to have her toes in the sand!