Main Line Fertility’s highest priority is safety
Main Line Fertility is offering ALL treatments at this time.
*our Main Line Fertility laboratory shuts down once a year which may temporarily effect some patients treatment plan. Learn more.
- Beginning 9/1/2022, Main Line Fertility will no longer require COVID testing for egg retrieval and embryo transfer procedures for vaccinated patients.
- Main Line Fertility defines a vaccinated patient as having received the first two dose Pfizer, two dose Moderna or one dose J&J COVID vaccine.
- If a patient is undergoing a procedure in our surgi-center and is not vaccinated, COVID testing will still be required- our clinical team will go over these requirements with the patient.
- Vaccinated patients must present their COVID vaccination card in-person to a fertility care coordinator for scanning. We do not accept copies or digital images of COVID vaccination cards.
- The recent CDC guidance on mask wearing for fully vaccinated people DOES NOT apply to healthcare settings. We continue to require our patients, staff and visitors to wear masks while inside our facility.
- Main Line Fertility is allowing 1 support person to accompany the treating patient to their appointment. Our pre-COVID policy that support persons are not allowed in our pre-op or OR areas for egg retrievals or embryo transfers remains the same. Please note, as a courtesy to those struggling with infertility, we do not allow children in our offices.
- For questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, The Main Line Fertility Care Team refers patients to Centers for Disease Control. If you have further questions, please speak with your occupational health and/or department supervisor or an infectious disease expert.
- To ensure you are able to start an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle or a frozen embryo transfer (FET) cycle as soon as you start your menses, please ensure you have completed all pertinent items on the IVF patient checklist.
- All patients are required to sign our COVID-19 Consent for Care to receive treatment at Main Line Fertility.
In compliance with Pennsylvania State orders we are enforcing that everyone who enters our office:
- wears a mask (neck gaiters and bandannas are not acceptable)
- practices social distancing
- has no symptoms of COVID-19
- arrives on time for their appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a specific question about my care. Who do I contact?
Fertility care coordinators will be available Monday thru Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm (3:30pm on Fridays) at 610.527.0800 . You can also email our patient care advocate at [email protected]
Which offices are open for treatment?
All MLF office locations are now open for all treatments.
What should I do to prepare for my visit to the office?
To ensure the utmost safety for our patients and care team we are enforcing that everyone who enters our office
- must wear a mask (neck gaiters and bandannas are not acceptable)
- practice social distancing
- are healthy
- leave immediately after their appointment
What if a patient becomes pregnant and is diagnosed with COVID-19?
For more information about COVID-19 and pregnancy please visit the Center for Disease Control’s website.
What if a patient is diagnosed with COVID-19 during treatment?
If a patient is diagnosed with COVID-19, the current advice is to stop treatment at that time. If you have been exposed and are showing symptoms of a COVID-19 infection, you most likely will not be able to continue treatment. Your provider will help guide you.
Can my partner or support person join me at my appointments?
As of 2/14/2022, MLF is now allowing 1 support person to accompany the patient to their appointment. Our pre-COVID policy that support persons are not allowed in our pre-op or OR areas for egg retrievals or embryo transfers remains the same. Please note, as a courtesy to those struggling with infertility, we do not allow children in our offices.