Sperm cryopreservation, commonly referred to as sperm freezing, is a method for men to preserve their fertility by freezing and storing samples for future use.
Men may choose Sperm Freezing for a variety of reasons including:
- Unavailable to be present for partner’s fertility treatment (ie- travel, military)
- Declining sperm concentration
- Advancing Age
- High Risk Exposure (ie- Zika, Occupational)
- Planning to undergo a vasectomy
- Prior to hormone treatment or transgender surgery
- Prior to Cancer Treatments
- Prior to beginning treatment for other medical conditions that could affect fertility
After semen is collected a laboratory analysis is completed and then the sperm are frozen in our state of the art laboratory for future attempts at pregnancy.