Main Line Fertility Center complies with the provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all requirements imposed pursuant thereto, so that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status or disability, therein referred to as factors, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provision of any care or service. This Nondiscrimination Statement applies to patients, physicians and staff.
This applies to the following:
- Main Line Fertility Center (“Center”)
This nondiscrimination policy includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Inpatient, outpatient, including all clinic locations, and emergency care
- All patients will be assigned and/or transferred to rooms, floors and sections in accordance with their medical need.
- Employees will be assigned to patient services without regard to the above factors listed.
- Staff privileges will not be denied to professionally qualified personnel on the basis of the above factors listed.
- All facilities of this institution will be utilized without regard to the above factors listed.
- At discharge, patients shall be referred only to those skilled nursing care facilities, intermediate care facilities, personal care facilities or foster homes which are not known by the Center to be in noncompliance with the provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended.
- All training programs and opportunities offered by the Center shall be open to qualified applicants without regard to the above factors listed.
- The Human Resources Department is designated to monitor compliance with this policy, to institute a grievance procedure and to investigate allegations of noncompliance involving employees or applicants for employment.
- The Administrative or Clinical Director is designated to investigate complaints regarding discrimination involving patients, parents and guests of the hospital.
This nondiscrimination policy applies to patients, physicians and staff. Under no circumstances will the application of this policy result in the segregation or resegregation of buildings, wings, floors or rooms for reasons of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital, familial or disability status or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
Questions concerning this policy as they relate to employees or applications for employment should be directed to the Human Resources Department. Questions concerning this policy as they relate to patients and/or medical staff should be directed to the Administrative or Clinical Director.
Any patient, physician or staff member who believes he or she has been discriminated against may file a complaint of discrimination with:
Division of Acute and Ambulatory Care
Room 532 Health and Welfare Building
625 Forster Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120-0701
Complaint Hotline: 1.800.254.5164