Related Links:IVF Orientation Slides Patient Forms Out-of-State, Chinese and International Patients
Services and Steps for Out-of-State and International Patients
We specialize in accommodating patients looking for general infertility services, donor egg program, PGS for gender selection, and pre-implantation genetic diagnosis. We offer interpreters for translation services and we help patients with accommodations and transportation during their stay.
Patients from China can receive fertility services at Main Line Fertility. For Chinese patients to make inquiry or appointment, please contact our China office (http://www.xiyunbaby.cn/ ) or the US coordinator Jason Ling (Phone: 951-567-6566; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Main Line Fertility is located in Bryn Mawr, which is 14 miles outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Main Line Fertility specializes in coordinating care for our out-of-town patients – both nationally and internationally. We are located approximately 30-40 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). We are minutes from the Amtrak train station in Ardmore. We are within walking distance of Bryn Mawr SEPTA station and Norristown High Speed Line that provide service to the Main Line area and Philadelphia.
We welcome all patients to our Center, and we try to coordinate our patients’ care with their individual needs. The following steps will assist patients from out-of-state and other countries (other than China) who seek care in our Center. Click Here to Schedule an Appointment
- The initial physician consultation can be done by telephone. One of the physicians will review your infertility history to determine how MLF may be able to help you.
- Next you will need to schedule an IVF Orientation appointment with our IVF Procedure Team. The following tests will be ordered: hysteroscopy, blood tests, detailed semen analysis, pelvic ultrasound and uterine evaluation. A nurse will assist you with an extensive educational session, including reviewing the use of injectable medications during your IVF or egg donor cycle. Some test results are available the same day and your physician will review the results and recommend a treatment plan. Couples benefit from the one day work-up as it expedites the process by enabling the physicians to develop a treatment plan tailored to your specific issues.
- If you are an IVF patient using your own eggs your next step will be to obtain medications for use during the IVF cycle. The medication may obtained from a local pharmacy or you can arrange to have them mailed to you. We work with several pharmacies to assure that patients receive competitive prices for fertility drugs.
- If you participate in the egg donor program, one of the donor nurses will lead you through the process. Once your initial work-up is completed you will be matched with an anonymous donor, and then proceed with your cycle. The recipient couple will need to travel to Main Line Fertility by the day of their donor’s egg retrieval so a fresh sperm specimen can be obtained to fertilize the donated eggs. The embryo transfer will then occur three to five days after the donor’s egg retrieval. After the embryo transfer you will be instructed on which medications to use. You will then have a pregnancy test done through your local physician approximately 14 days after the day of the embryo transfer procedure. The tests will be sent to us the same day, so we can inform you of your pregnancy status. If you are pregnant we will continue to work with you and your local physician on the medications, ultrasounds, and lab tests which are needed to monitor the pregnancy.
- Once the IVF cycle begins and you begin taking your cycle medications, we will coordinate your medical care with your local physician. Your local physician can arrange early ultrasound and stat blood hormone testing to assess your response to fertility drugs. Test results can be faxed on the day of completion for interpretation by our physicians. A nurse coordinator will call you that afternoon to provide medication instructions. By working with local physicians, most patients from outside of area can begin their fertility drug injections at home.
- A trip to Main Line Fertility will be necessary approximately four to six days before your egg collection procedure. Final ultrasound studies and blood tests will be done to determine when your eggs are optimally mature.
- When your eggs are mature, you will be scheduled for the egg retrieval procedure, which is completed in our on-site surgery center. Husbands/partners should be present on the day of the egg retrieval to provide a semen specimen which is used to fertilize the eggs. If the husband/partner cannot be present on the day of egg retrieval, semen can be frozen in advance. Following egg retrieval your embryos are grown in the IVF laboratory for three to six days.
- Embryo transfer is completed three to six days after embryo retrieval. Our nurse coordinators will work closely with you to provide you with as much advanced notice as possible as to the dates you will need to be at Main Line Fertility Center.
- After your embryo transfer you will receive medication instruction. A stat pregnancy test can be performed through your local physician approximately 14 days after the day of the embryo transfer. The results will be sent to us the same day, so we can inform you of your pregnancy status. If you are pregnant we will continue to work with you and your local physician on the medications, ultrasounds, and lab tests which are needed monitor the pregnancy.
There are various housing opportunities available within a short distance of our Center, including hotels, motels, and apartments. Many couples enjoy making short site-seeing trips into Philadelphia while they are visiting us for treatment. In addition, there are fine restaurants, museums, and other cultural activities in Philadelphia and suburbs for your enjoyment.
Accommodations for Out-of-State and International Patients
1. The Radnor Hotel
591 East Lancaster Ave
St. Davids, PA 19087
(610) 688-5800 or (800)537-3000
Philadelphia’s Full Service Main Line Hotel
The Radnor Hotel is the only Full Service Hotel in Philadelphia’s Main Line Suburbs.
Each of our 171 guest rooms, including luxury suites, provides comfort and charm for the business traveler. Along with our first class service, The Radnor Hotel provides many amenities.
Distance from MLF: 2.8 miles
2. Marriot Hotel
111 Crawford Ave
Conshohocken, PA 19428
A suburban hotel near West Conshohocken and Philadelphia, PA, situated in the affluent Main Line business corridor equidistant from Center City and Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia Marriott West exceeds all expectations. As one of the top hotels in Conshohocken, PA, we offer luxurious bedding, featuring soft linens and down comforters. If you are looking for a wedding site or meeting room, our West Conshohocken hotel’s 10,000 square feet of stylish event space includes a 4,900-square-foot Grand Ballroom for grand events. Dine in Legends Sports Bar & Grill where you’ll experience classic American favorites made using the finest ingredients with a seasonal twist and enjoy micro-brews, signature cocktails and an extensive wine list. Legends serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and also offers three private dining rooms and 60” flat screen TV’s to keep you updated on the latest game. Discover an ideal choice among West Conshohocken, PA, hotels during your stay at Philadelphia Marriott West.
Distance from MLF: 4.8 miles
3. Marriot – Philadelphia Downtown
1201 Market Sreet
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Style and substance blend seamlessly at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Featuring sleek, intelligently appointed hotel rooms, a range of luxury resources, and an unparalleled location in vibrant downtown Philadelphia, we can act as your home base while you explore the city. Each hotel room offers plush bedding, a flat-screen TV, premium bathroom products, and room service; our Headhouse Tower suites boast upgraded amenities and striking views of the cityscape. In addition, our hotel provides a cutting-edge fitness center, a heated indoor pool, and mouthwatering on-site dining options. Host a sensational wedding or business meeting with us here in Philadelphia; our hotel showcases 72 versatile, well-designed event venues. We’re ideally located near Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and we’re connected to the Pennsylvania Convention Center by skywalk. Allow the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown to set a new standard for contemporary hotel lodging.
Distance from MLF: 9.7 miles
4. Days Inn Springfield/Philadelphia International Airport650 Baltimore Pike Springfield, PA 19064 US
Days Inn Springfield / Philadelphia International Airport hotel offers
exceptional style and unbeatable value just 15 miles from Philadelphia. Close to
Interstates 95, 76 and 476, our newly-designed Springfield, PA, hotel near Wells
Fargo Center is just five miles from Philadelphia International Airport and
minutes from capital-area attractions.
From free airport shuttle service
to an on-site bar and restaurant, our Springfield, PA, hotel offers all the
amenities to make your stay outstanding. Go online using free Wi-Fi Internet
access from your room, get energized in our fitness center and take advantage of
our guest laundry facilities. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are
available, and some of our guest rooms feature a refrigerator.
Distance from MLF: 9.7 miles
1. Flemings Steakhouse
555 East Lancaster Avenue, Radnor, PA 19087
Distance from MLF: 2.8 miles
2. Yang Ming – Chinese Restaurant
1051 Conestoga Road, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Distance from MLF: 0.3 miles